domingo, 9 de junio de 2013

Northcote Road Affair! Clapham Junction



Yes... The sun helps!! But sunny or our usual, lovely-and-grey London, Northcote Road is a breeze of fresh air!! Mediterranean vibe 100%! With some of the most trendy food restaurants and cafés in London like Byron or Paul's, small Italian restaurants, Thai restaurants, a small gelateria, a place to buy delicious Frozen Yogourt and a charming stand that sells fresh bread everyday... Northcote is an amazing and fun street to go out for a bite with friends, a nice date or a good catch up with work mates in one of the pubs...

I was lucky enough to spend the whole day of Tuesday (sunny) walking up and down the street on my own... I completely forgot I was in London for a moment and began to feel like I was in some remote town in Italy or Spain... And, I very much hope my boyfriend doesn't see this but... A great place for shopping too!




 I discovered for the first time three shops that fascinated me; Firstly White Stuff... (Dresses above and to the right) BRILLIANT for casual dresses, lovely summery ones, very easy and flattering... For all those occasions where you really want to look chic and feminine but effortless... Some super cute patterns and very nice tops and scarves...

I couldn't make up my mind in between three dresses! So I had to take one... Oops... In all honesty... I still cannot regret it, I am sure I am going to use it so much this summer!
http://www.whitestuff.com/tribecca-dress-prod405304_iron_raili/



My second discovery of the day was Fat Face (Jeans below and dress above). I had seen it several times before in different areas in London and even different cities in England but for some reason it never really called my attention... I was very impressed when I walked in and found so many things I actually really liked. I got the jeans below, because they looked amazing on! And I don't know about you, but I always find it hard to find jeans that are confi and fit VERY well. And I left, very upset, the dress above, a very cute navy cardigan and a very pretty rain jacket... Again, it is something about this casual, very English look that I love... There is nothing crazy/ fashionista about the looks, it is kind of the opposite... Very nice, and very simple.






I then found Jack Wills... It had been a while since I walked into one! It is very student like/ maybe we've seen it far too many times... BUT I do think they have some great blazers, hot shorts and cute girlie skirts for summer... However, and I was very proud of myself... I managed not to get anything for myself, simply because I couldn't make up my mind on "what I needed the most" and I went to browse the men's stuff... I had to get my boyfriend a pair of socks and some boxers... I cannot resist the typical, and so English, stripy socks... Great for presents! - Picture below showing JW's shorts.




To carry on with my good mood / shopaholism, I walked into Oliver Bonas... MISTAKE if you wish not to spend... I was after more dresses, and I ended up buying this GORGEOUS scarf for me and for my friend who was celebrating her birthday that night...I have never seen anything so beautiful... Amazing happy colours to bright up anyone's day! Pick any boring T-Shirt or plain dress and rock it by wearing this scarf around your neck... BTW she loved it too.



Third discovery of the day? Huttons. Small shop, a lot of little temptations. Candles, room sprays, more scarves, great silk home robes, mugs, soaps and loads of great details/ nice gifts to treat yourself or friends. I spent there at least half an hour entertained with all the things...

And how did I end up my Northcote affair? it had to be... In Samba Swirl, MOST FUN Frozen Yogurt shop in London. So many different flavours and toppings!! Simply DE LI CIOUS!! Really, if you want to cheat, break a diet without being too naughty... You must visit Samba...




Now, I won't include shoes in this post... I spent, for a change, all my budget on clothes! But I will definitely come up with how to combine the above with shoes as soon as I find my perfect pair... 

Have a lovely week... And if you don't have plans for the weekend, and it is not too far... Make sure you visit the Northcote Road, with friends (for an amazing drink, or dinner, or walk, or ice cream...) or by yourself (for a lot of justified, as always, shopping...)



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario